The BlackWire Driver Manager (BDM) is an easy to install Control4 driver that is used to manage installations using BlackWire or BlackWire Marketplace drivers. Moving forward any new or updated driver requires the use of BDM on your projects. Requires Composer OS 2.10+ and fully tested on OS3.
- License Management – Use the BDM to easily apply and release licenses to installs
- Auto Trial: When installing drivers, BDM will automatically start a 72 hour trial. *Ring does not support auto trial
- Offline Mode – No internet? No problem. The BDM can manage licenses locally with no cloud needed! One time check in is required to use this function.
- Auto Update – Keep all installs up to date automatically or manually
- Auto Transfer – BDM will automatically detect a new controller and automatically update all licenses associated with the old controller.
- Scheduled Director Restart – Program director to restart or reboot the controller
- Dealer Demo Management – Dealer Demo Licenses now require BDM and Auto Restart
Drivers Requiring BDM
Signing Into BDM
There are 2 ways to sign the BlackWire Driver Manager in
Option 1: (Recommended) You can use the Token key that is located on the My Systems page near the bottom. This is great to give out to installers so you do not have to give them the user name and password.
Option 2: You can use your User Name and Password for this site
Once you are signed in the Registered Company information will update with your company name.
If you wish to have the system auto update drivers you will enable Auto Restart. This will only restart director if there is a driver to be updated.
The Danger Zone is where you can force BDM to check for driver updates and manage other aspects of the projects.
- Check For Updates: This will check in with the server and see if any of the installer drivers have an update and then download them
- Release A License: When you select this option new boxes will appear showing the drivers available to release. You would then select the license and click Set.
- Join a Beta: This function will be used to join public betas
- Restart Director: This function restarts director only
- Reboot Controller: This will issue a full reboot command to the controller
- Log Out: This will remove the system from the My System web page and sign you out.
Certain projects have no internet for many different reasons so we have included an offline mode. To use this, the project must have working internet for first time setup. Install BDM and all of your drivers as normal and get everything activated. Once activated select the drop down Manager Mode and change to Standby. This will lock the license keys to this project.
Below is what you will see when the BDM system is set to Offline / Standby mode. You can now move the project to an area with no internet and or disconnect the temporary internet you provided to it.
Showroom Demo Program
The BlackWire Designs drivers as many 3rd party marketplace drivers come with a showroom demo license. This allows you to test the drivers and market them to your customers. To use this program click Dealer Demo and then select Check-in system for Showroom Demo Licenses. It will now activate any installed driver into demo mode.
The Driver Manager Webpage is where you can view the status of your projects and do certain tasks.
1. All of your projects will be listed. To view a project click the icon. From here you can view if the project is online, Name, Location and OS Version. Once you expand the box you will be able to see drivers that are installed in that project.
2. System Actions: You can expand this drop down and Restart the Director or fully reboot the controller. If you are no longer going to use BDM on this project you can click Logout which will delete it from the system.
3. Releasing Licenses: If you wish to assign the license to another project you may do that here. There is no need to release a license if you upgrade director though. BDM will do this automatically.