The Video Wall & Tiler Experience buttons are designed for Composer 2.9 and work best on the T3 touch screens. The buttons enable you to add video wall and tiler layouts under the watch menu. This experience button contains 12 custom icons to represent the status of the video wall. The driver has 4 modes for different video wall sizes (2×2, 3×3, 3×2, Tiler) and Expert Mode which allows the dealer to set the exact icon required directly from the programming tab.
current videowall icons
current tiler icons
The BlackWire VideoWall & Tiler Experience buttons are designed to give you easy to use icons on the T3 and mobile Control4 interfaces.
- Composer 2.9+
- T3 Touch Screens
- Android C4 App
- iOS C4 App
Each instance of this driver will create 1 single icon that you can assign on a touch screen
Once you have installed the driver enter the BlackWire License key and then assign the Mode.
- Easy 2×2 will keep the icons limited to 2×2 video wall modes
- Easy 3×3 will keep the icons limited to the 3×3 video wall modes
- Easy Video Tiler will keep the icons limited to tiler modes
- Expert Mode completely removes the automatic settings of Easy Mode and allows the programmer to determine which icon should be PUSHED to the interface. This mode allows for the greatest flexibility and seamless experience because the state is not being tracked by the driver but instead by the devices.
Recommended Usage of Icons
Our recommended use is to have a few icons under watch and label them for the sources. Meaning You have a 2×2 lay out that says Video Wall ON. and a 2×2 version that uses the mixed icon to show that its now showing 4 different images. You can play around with what works best for your install and client.
Install multiple copies of the driver (paste the same license key into each). To do this you will select the mode first (Easy 2×2, 3×3, etc) This will make the driver populate property boxes for each of the available icons.
On the each copy of the driver click the drop down for each icon option IE 2×2 Off, 2×2 On, 2×2 multi, and hide all of them except for the one you want.
In the example below the icon you see is what you would have on the touch screen with 2×2 On set to show and 2×2 off and 2×2 multi set to Hide.
We need a few things to get this working.
- A room setup for each display with the TV driver (if using RS232 or IP to control it) Or the driver referenced below (If you are using CEC)
- The Just Add Power Terminal Server driver named “proxy_ip_JustAddPower_TerminalServer.c4i”
- A working static route. You should be able to type the IP address of a Just Add Power receiver in your browser and a web page load. If this does not work then you can not communicate with the J+P Receivers to issue video wall commands
The Just Add Power Luxul & RS232 Comms driver can be downloaded from here.
The example to the right has the TerminalServer driver in each room. This driver is a TV driver as well so if you are doing CEC control there is no need to do custom programming against a normal tv driver.
Video Wall Button Programming:
To get started you will go to the Programming tab in composer. Click on the BlackWire Video Wall Icon on the left under Device Events and then click the Selected option.
VideoWall Change Commands:
You will send a command through each copy of the terminal services driver to each receiver. IE 4 tvs in a video wall means 4 copies of the driver.
Adding Your Programming:
Now that you understand how to send commands using the J+P Terminal Server driver you will use them in combination with standard composer room source selection.
This example would have DirecTV 1 being displayed stretched across all 4 displays
The BlackWire Video Wall Icon would be set to show 2×2 On
This example has each display watching a different DirecTV box and also the video wall being turned off.
Setting the video wall to all 1’s means that it is disabled.
The BlackWire Video Wall Icon would be set to show 2×2 Multi
Calling a button:
If you would like the buttons to track specific video wall modes you can have the buttons change their lay out mode. This is great if you want to attach this to when a tiler or video mode is called via programming or some other method so that your buttons track the lay out mode the displays are in.
THIS DRIVER SUPPORTS OS2.10 AND ABOVE
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager to work.