This week it came to our attention that Rachio had made changes to their API that affects the perfromance of the Control4 Driver you have purchased.
The specific change is that Rachio is now rate limiting their API to 1700 requests within a 24 hour period. Unfortunatly, Rachio did not make any announcement or communicate these changes to developers before implenenting them. The rate limit has affected numerous integrations with Rachio, both in and outside of the Control4 ecosystem.
After investigating we have decided to update the Rachio driver to work with Rachio’s real time API. This will take time to fully implement but we intend to start testing our new version by or before the week of March 12. If you are interested in testing this driver please sign up to our Slack by clicking the link in your My Account dashboard and let us know.
Once this driver is complete you will need to update your customer installs.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we are dedicated to resolving this issue as soon as possible.
The Rachio Driver for Control4 also fully compatible with Control4’s new Sprinkler Experience Button and standard sprinkler relay drivers.
- Control any zone with Control4 Navigator
- Compatible with Control4’s Sprinkler Experience Button as well as standard Sprinkler relay drivers
- Programmatically put the Rachio system in and out of standby
- Automatically creates zone bindings for Rachio Systems
- Automatically renames zones and bound drivers as they are configured on Rachio saving setup time
- Multiple Rachio system support
- Dealer Demo READY