The BlackWire Designs Just Add Power OSD driver enables volume level, mute status, and the source selected to be displayed on any Just Add Power 2G, 2G+, 2GΩ/3G, 2GΩ/3G+, or 3G system.
Composer 2.10+ required. OS3 Compatible.
- Overlay On Screen Display with:
- Volume Level
- Mute status (on)
- Source Selected in Room
- Seven built-in colors for OSD text color
- Custom color picker for any other color value
- Three OSD transparency levels
- Easily turn on or off volume, mute, or source OSD
- Simple and easy to setup and install
The Just Add Power system must:
- Be on firmware version A6.4.12 or newer
- Use Layer 3 networking (JAD Config Setup)
- Have a static route properly configured in the router
- BlackWire BDM Installed and setup
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager and OS 2.10+ to work. You must have this installed and setup before moving forward.
Before beginning confirm you have a working static route enabled on your router.
Type the IP address of your J+P receiver into your browser and confirm the J+P Web UI loads. If it does not you need to check or setup the static route on your router.
Download and install the BlackWire On Screen Display driver. Search for on screen display and then select the BlackWire Driver.
Install a copy of this driver for each room you want to use this in.
Once you have the driver installed the Auto-Trial time will start. You have 72 hours to test the driver. No extensions will be provided.
- Enter your license key into the License Key box
- Press select to pop up the Room Selection Box. This is the room you will want to obtain the Volume and Source Selection feedback from.
- In this example we are selecting Kevins Office. In yours you will select the room you are setting up.
- Press Ok.
Once you press Ok the box will disappear. Press the now visible Set button.
Almost finished! Now you can confirm the room you selected has been set.
The options in the driver must now be setup.
Text Location: This is where the OSD text will appear on the screen
Text Opacity: This is how much background is visible around the text
Volume Color: This is the color of the text when adjusting the volume
Mute Color: This is the color of the text for when mute has been enabled
Source Color: This is the color of the text that is displayed when the source is changed
Now it is time to identify the driver and assign it to the J+P receiver.
Go to Connections – Network – IP Network and double click on the driver and then add the IP address of the Just Add Power receiver.
IMPORTANT: You must have a working static route enabled or this driver will NOT work. The best way to test this is to type the IP address of the J+P receiver into your web browser and make sure a WEB UI loads.
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager and OS 2.10+ to work.
- Fixed issue with volume overlay being displayed when license check was completed
- Fixed init issue
- Updated licensing system
- Fixed issue where driver may not initialize properly after reboot
- BDM Support added
Fixed bug with variable registrationVersion 1.1.3 - (December 14, 2017)
- BUGFIX: Issue with driver not registering variable listeners on reboot has been resolved
- Added BlackWire Debug Button