This driver supports the DBX Zone Pro 640M, 641M, 1260, 1261, 1260M, 1261M via IP.
This is a 1 way driver and is best to be installed in projects where there are NO DBX volume control panels. This will ensure the volume stays synced to the Control4 system. While the driver is 1 way it does offer volume % feedback on the screen. When the driver hand shakes with the DBX Unit it sets the volume and then tracks it internally so you still get full volume feedback on all Control4 interfaces.
The driver supports volume control, source selection, scene selection and volume setting via Control4.
The driver operates the unit in router mode only. You can combine the mic inputs but have no control of the fader. IE you can combine Mic 1 and 2 to be a stereo input as DBX treats each Mic input as single input. You can not combine mic inputs and analog audio inputs together. This driver will NOT control the DBX unit if you have any of the RTE outputs set to mixer mode.
This driver is IP ONLY so it does NOT support the 640 or 641.
Composer 2.10+ required. OS3 Compatible.
The BlackWire DBX driver is a 1 way driver to control any of the IP based DBX ZonePros.
We have built in Volume tracking. When you connect the driver we set the volume on the DBX and then track it internally. You will get the volume percentage on the Control4 interfaces. We highly recommend you do not have any external volume control devices to ensure the tracking is accurate.
- 640M & 641M
- 1260 & 1261
- 1260M & 1261M
Does NOT work on the 640 or 641 models!
Device must be in ROUTER mode. This driver does not support mixer mode.
DBX System SEtup
REQUIRED: Using the DBX ZonePro Software re-name all inputs / outputs EXACTLY as follows:
Mics: ML? the ? = the input number. Example ML1 ML2 etc
Analog Inputs: S? the ? = the input number. Example S1 S2 etc
S/PDIF Inputs: SPDIF? the ? = the input number. Example SPDIF1 SPDIF2
Channel Outputs: Ch? the ? = the output number. Example Ch1 Ch2 etc etc
This driver ONLY works if ALL channels are in router mode. It will NOT work in mixer mode.
You must set up the entire ZonePro System with the Design Software. This means Mix and inputs, set any gains, set any outputs, and rename the inputs and outputs per the instructions above.
Once finished click once on the RTE for output 1 in the Zone Pro software. Then press shift cntrl O all at once and a box should pop up with a bunch of info in it
In the image below you can see a red high lighted area with the Address:b0, you will need to put the number in the Index property box in the driver. In this example the number is 24
Using the DBX ZonePro Designer program you will need to get the DBX Units Node Address. Since this is an IP driver it may be best to also assign a static IP address
1. Select Network
2. Select Properties
1. This is where the NODE ID and also the IP address is displayed.
2. Click Finish ( ONLY CLICK Finish if you are happy with the IP address it is on. I highly recommend setting a static IP address which you can do from this page. )
To set a static IP address click on the DBX Unit and then select Change Address then scroll down for additional instructions.
1. The NODE ID can be set at the top. 32 is Default.
2. Make sure the SET IP Box is checked and then assign an IP, Subnet and Gateway. The IP should be outside of your routers DHCP Range. The Subnet is typically 255.255.255.0 and then the gateway will typically be your routers IP address.
Once finished click Ok and then click Finish
You will need a license key from the BlackWire Site. If you do not have one you can purchase a license from here:DBX Driver
You will need to make your audio input and output bindings. Make sure you assign the DBX unit as the audio end point and audio volume end point for the zones hooked up to a non controlled amplifier
To recall a scene go to the programming tab and select the event you want to use to activate the scene. Then select the DBX Driver and scroll down to the Device Specific Commands section and select the scene you want to recall.
FYI: A scene takes 2-5 seconds to execute
Set Volume Via Programming
The driver supports setting volume levels how ever it needs to be done on a room level. Select the event you wish to use for setting the volume level then go to the Actions tab on the right. Select the room – room variables – CURRENT_VOLUME and use the Set to Value command
Things to check before contacting support:
- Check that the DBX unit is online via the DBX software
- Check the Node Address is correct.
- Check the RTE Index is correct.
- Reboot the DBX unit & Control4 director box
- Make sure you renamed all of the inputs and outputs and it matches the instructions
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager and OS 2.10+ to work.
Full setup instructions and driver download are on our KB.
- BDM Support Added
- BUGFIX: Fixed an issue where mute commands may not work using certain control interfaces [DBX-I2]
- UPDATE: Added intra-message delay to avoid overloading dbx processor
- UPDATE: Added V3 licensing
- NOTE: BlackWire will be using single digit numbering on all drivers moving forward
- PATCH: Control4 Composer 2.10.5 bug that breaks programming on drivers missing certain XML attributes
Enabled trial licensingVersion 5.3.2 - (July 14, 2017)