The R850 is based on the latest Wi-Fi standard, Wi-Fi 6 and bridges the performance gap from ‘gigabit’ Wi-Fi to ‘multi-gigabit’ Wi-Fi in support of the insatiable demand for better and faster Wi-Fi.The R850 makes it easy to deliver reliable, secure, ultra-high-performance connectivity to large enterprises, public venues, convention centers, and other challenging environments.
The R850 is our highest capacity dual-band, dual-concurrent Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) access point (AP) that supports 12 spatial streams (8×8:8 in 5GHz, 4×4:4 in 2.4GHz). The R850, with OFDMA and MU-MIMO capabilities, efficiently manages up to 1,024 client connections with increased capacity, improved coverage and performance in ultra-high dense environments.
IMPORTANT: This access point requires more than 30 watts of POE. Click the POE Switches tab for more information.
- Connect More Devices Simultaneously – Improve device performance, by enabling more simultaneous device connections with built-in 8 spatial streams (dual-concurrent, 8×8:8 in 5GHz, 4×4:4 in 2.4GHz), MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology while enhancing non-Wi-Fi 6 client performance. Support for up to 1,024 clients
- Ultra-High-Density Performance – Provides exceptional end-user experience within stadiums, large public venues, convention centers and school auditoriums with the RUCKUS Ultra-High-Density Technology Suite
- Enhanced Security – Reinforce security with WPA3, the latest Wi-Fi security standard and receive enhanced protection from man-in-the-middle attacks
- Multi-Gigabit Access Speeds – Optimized multi-gigabit Wi-Fi performance delivered using built-in 5GbE/2.5GbE Ethernet ports to connect to multi-gigabit switches.
- Device Management Options – Manage the R850 with on-premises physical/virtual appliances or the cloud.
- Better Mesh Networking – Minimize complexity by reducing expensive cabling with SmartMesh that dynamically creates self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- Automate Optimal Throughput – ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- More than Wi-Fi – Support services beyond Wi-Fi with RUCKUS IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onbo
IMPORTANT: For this device to have full performance you must provide more than 30 watts of POE power. We recommend these switches or a 60 Watt POE injector
We have created an in-depth Ruckus 101 guide that covers configuring a Ruckus Unleashed system from out of the box, Unleashed best practices, Wifi calling, Fixing mismatched firmwares, Updating Zoneflex APs to Unleashed and how to setup the ICX Network switches.