This driver integrates with Outlook/Office365 Calendar to provide you with the ability to view events you have set to occur today and in the next 7 weeks right from your Control4 navigator. The driver can also hold various bits of information about your events that you can easily use in Composer programming.
Important Note: This driver is compatible with Exchange Servers that meet the Graph API requirements. If you are trying to connect an account that doesn’t meet those requirements, the API requests will fail. You can get around this by creating free a personal outlook.com account and sharing your exchange calendar with it.
Composer 2.10+ required. OS3 Compatible.
This driver uses Microsoft’s oAuth API and has passed their verification tests.
- Number of events today
- Number of All-Day events today
- Number of events in next 7 days
- Next Event details
- Notified Event details
- First All-Day event details (for today)
- Notification system – have a Composer action fired X minutes before each event and program based on the “Notified Event” variables.
- View your day’s events on any Control4 navigator
- View all upcoming events for the next week on any Control4 navigator
- Multiple driver instance support
- Access any calendar associated to an Outlook/Office365 account
- Check for upcoming events at the start of every hour automatically
- Check for the day’s events every day at midnight automatically
- Only fetch events in a specified category (which can be chosen in the driver properties)
- Create events (all day or specific duration)
You can view a PDF of the driver documentation using the button below or you can follow the setup instructions below.View Documentation PDF
To setup this driver, follow the following steps:
- Install the driver and BlackWire Driver Manager (if not already installed)
- Enter your license key in the License Key property field and wait for your License Status to say License Verified
- Go to the Actions tab and press Run OAuth Authorization
- Go to the Lua tab and visit the URL shown
- Go through the authorization steps in a browser, signing into your Office365/Outlook account
- You should see an Authorization Complete page in your browser when you have completed authorization
- Go back to the driver and select the calendar you wish to see events for in the driver properties
- Once you have selected your calendar the driver should be good to go.
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager and OS 2.10+ to work.
- Add Refresh Events programming command
Add NOTIFIEDEVENTDURATION and NEXTEVENTDURATION variables which provide the event duration in minutesVersion 9 - (December 10, 2019)
- Fix big relating to access token not being refreshed with new OAuth protocol.
IMPORTANT: If you are having trouble accessing your calendars or creating events (Access token expired) then please go to the driver on any Control4 navigator and press \'Account Details\'. You can then press \'Run Authorization\' and follow the instructions to reauthorize your account and fix the issue.Version 8 - (December 09, 2019)
- Added unauthorized license popup to V7 features instead of silently failing
- Added ability to create events from C4 navigators. Note: this requires you to reauthorize your Outlook account
- Added ability to view logged in account details and log out of that account
- Added ability to being account log in/authorization from C4 navigators
- Added ability to select calendar from C4 navigators.
- Fixed bug where event starting at midnight tomorrow would show in today\'s events
- Updated documentation
- Added NEXTEVENTSTART_TIME variable
- Added NOTIFIEDEVENTSTART_TIME variable
- Added variables relating to All Day Events
- Minor bug fixes
- Added ability to filter by category (chosen in driver properties)
- Initial Public Release
- BDM Bug Fix