The SFP28 25G is a single-rate module with an operating range of 0.5m to 70m/100m over OM3/OM4 MMF, respectively, compliant with IEEE802.3by 25GBASE-SR optical specs.
The module optical connection is duplex LC and shall be compatible with SFP+ 28Gbps and backward compatible with legacy 10G SFP+ pluggable. The SFP28 SR module is a dual directional device with a transmitter and receiver plus a control management interface (2-wire interface) in the same physical package. 2-wire interface is used for serial ID, digital diagnostics and module control function.
The module operates by a single +3.3V power supply. LVCMOS/LVTTL global control signals, such as Module Present, Reset, Interrupt and Low Power Mode, are available with the modules. The SFP28 SR module electrical interface is compliant to OFI CEI- VSR-28G-VSR. It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference. The module offers very high functionality and feature integration, accessible via a two-wire serial interface.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Compliant to IEEE802.3 by 25GBASE-SR
- 25Gb/s optical interface
- 25G 850nm VCSEL transmitter
- 25G PIN photo-detector
- Operating case temperature: 0 to 70°C
- 2-wire interface for management specifications compliant with SFF-8472 digital diagnostic monitoring interface for optical transceivers
- All-metal housing for superior EMI performance
- 25G electrical interface (OIF CEI-28G-VSR)
- Accepts LC duplex connectors
- Maximum power consumption 1.0W
- Advanced firmware allows customer system encryption information to be stored in transceiver