The AC-MXNET-1G-EV2 represents the next step forward on the evolutionary path of the MXNet Platform encompassing an industry-first, holistically integrated approach to AV over IP video distribution from a solo manufacturer. AVPro Edge’s exclusive MXNet Platform offers the only proprietary, hyper-optimized AV over IP ecosystem of network-based encoders, decoders and managed switches guided from a centralized control unit by MXNet Mentor, our in-house engineered setup and system utilities management software solution.
AC-MXNET-1G-EV2, an Evolution II Encoding / Transmitting device, incorporates a newly designed AVPro Edge application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) that introduces an improved software-based video encoding / decoding engine into the IC for enhanced video processing. Refinements to the IC include native support for 4K/60fps 4:4:4 signals (RGB and YCbCr @10- and 12-bit), plus extended audio capabilities to support high bitrate multi-channel formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for IMAX Enhanced soundtracks.
|Signal Type||DVI 1.0, HDMI 2.0b|
|Video Resolution||720P@50/60Hz; 1080P@50/60Hz;
4K@50/60HZ 4:4:4*; 4K@30HZ 4:4:4;
4K@24HZ 4:2:0/4:2:2 [Ultrawide Support]
|HDR Format||HDR 10, HLG, Dolby Vision @30Hz|
|Chroma Subsampling||4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0|
|Bit Depth per Color||1080P (16Bit), 4k (10, 12 Bit)|
|Visually Lossless||4096x2160P@60Hz (8 BIT) 4:4:4 or RGB;
3840x2160P@60HZ (12BIT) 4:2:2 DOLBY VISION;
3840x 2160P@60HZ (10BIT) 4:2:2 HDR10/HLG;
|Audio Format (end to end)||PCM 2, 5.1, 7.1 Channel, Dolby Digital
5.1 Channel, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS
5.1 Channel, DTS–ES, DTS–HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos
|Audio Format||Same as End to End|
|Embedded Audio||Stereo Analog Audio|
|De-Embedded Audio||Stereo Analog Audio|
|Ethernet||(1) × female RJ-45, PoE|
|SFP||(1) × SFP Slot|
|HDMI||(2) × HDMI Type A 19-pin, female, one HDMI input, one HDMI loop out|
|Audio||(1) × 5 Pin Terminal Block, Balanced L/R Audio out
(1) × 3.5 mm mini stereo jack, Audio in
|IR||(3) × 3.5mm mini-stereo jack, one IR-Pass, one IR-EYE, one IR-out|
|RS232||(1) × 5 Pin Terminal Block|
|USB||(1) × USB 2.0 Type-B for USB extension & KVM
(1) × USB Micro Type-B for MXNET service
|Ethernet||100 Meters/ 330 Feet over CAT5e and above|
|SFP+ and Fiber||1000BASE-SX SFP Transceiver Module (MMF, 850nm, 550m, LC, DOM)
1000BASE-LX/LH SFP 1310nm 10km Transceiver Module
|Operating Temperature||23 to 125°F (-5 to 51°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5-90% RH (No Condensation)|
|Max Power Consumption||6.5W (AVDM 9.5W)|
|IEEE 802.3af (15.4W)|
|Power Supply Unit||Input: AC 120-240V-50/60Hz 0.8A Output: DC 12V 2A|
|Height x Width x Depth (Single Unit)||mm: 200 X 120 x 20
inch: 7.87 X 4.74 X 0.79
|Height x Width x Depth (Packaged)||mm: 310 X 180 x 54
inch: 12.2 X 7.09 X 2.13
|Weight (Unit)||1.2 LBS/0.55 KG|
|Weight (Packaged)||1.7 LBS/0.77 KG|
|Product Warranty||10 Years|
FULL FEATURE SET
- HDMI 2.0
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- HDCP 2.3 (and all earlier versions supported)
- Evolution II ASIC with improved encoding engine
- With “lossy” signals, JPEG 2000 optimizes compression efficiency
- Proprietary MXNet Mentor interface for bandwidth management, real-time status feedback, live diagnostics plus EDID copy and configuration
- Encodes native 4K/60fps 4:4:4 RGB or YCbCr with dynamic metadata support
- High Bitrate multi-channel support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Genlock frame-syncing ensures video walls are free from image-tearing
- Near-zero latency, visually imperceptible
- Configure control signal routing for RS-232, IR or USB via MXNet Mentor
- USB/KVM support with USB 2.0 Type-B female Host connection
- Improved USB 2.0 video processing for resolutions up to 1920x1080p @ 30Hz
- Built-in OLED data window provides localized device information at a glance
- Backed by AVPro Edge’s 10-year, no-hassle warranty
What’s in the box?
- AC-MXNET-1G-EV2 (Encoder/Transmitter Device)
- 1 x IR Emitter
- 1 x IR Receiver
- 2 x Mounting Brackets
- 4 x Screws for Mounting Brackets
- 2 x 3-Pin Terminal Blocks
- JPEG 2000: JPEG 2000 encoding implemented by MXNet differs from MPEG and other discrete cosine transform-based codecs, as it optimizes compression efficiency for applications with limited bandwidth. JPEG 2000 is based on a wavelet transform algorithm, providing lossless or lossy compression and parseable code streams. Genlock is supported, syncing a video source by frame to Decoders comprising a video wall, for a simul-sync, tear-free appearance. JPEG 2000 is reliably used by Digital Cinema Initiatives for theatrical content, by television networks for HD broadcasting, and by DICOM® for critical decision-making medical imaging applications.
- Native 4K/60fps Support: First-generation MXNet Encoders and Decoders were unable to support 4K/60fps 4:4:4 RGB / YCbCr, 10- and 12-bit natively or with dynamic metadata.
- When not lossless, the advanced encoding / decoding engine resident on the new ASIC developed for EVO II Encoders and Decoders applies a limited, ultra-light compression, composing an artifact free image upon decoding, including Dolby Vision or HDR10+ content.
- High Bitrate Multi-channel Audio Support: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for IMAX Enhanced are now supported.
- Improved Preview Thumbnails: First generation MXNet supported static thumbnails with 960X540 pixel resolution, turning over every 10 seconds. EVO II supports third-party media sub-streaming through an HTTP address, at an improved pixel resolution of 1024×576.
- Data Status Window: A forward-facing, built-in mini OLED screen displays information critical to device set up, system troubleshooting, or standard operational status. Custom name an EVO II AC-MXNET-1G-EV2 with up to twelve allotted character slots for easy identification or to match your system requirements. IP and MAC addresses are also displayed.
- Control Signal Routing: IR and RS-232 control signal routes that have been mapped with MXNet Mentor software direct commands to downstream EVO II decoders through the AC-MXNET-1G-EV2. Any EVO II decoder connected to an MXNet system switch may be eligible to receive routed signals. I-PASS and IR-EYE ports support IR signal throughput from third-party over-control systems to endpoint-related products.
- USB and KVM Support: A USB 2.0 Type-B female Host connection resides on every AC-MXNET-1G-EV2. MXNet Mentor software enables easy routing configuration for bi-directional USB signals from a designated Host Encoder to a downstream decoder with a connected USB device.
- USB video downstream processing has been improved, supporting resolutions up to 1920x1080p @ 30Hz.
- External Device Light Control: Light emission from an AC-MXNET-1G-EV2 may be controlled via MXNet Mentor. Any status light, including network link LEDs and the OLED Data Window may be optionally disabled to prevent unwanted distraction, enabling discreet placement where desired. Device lights may also be continuously “flashed” for high visibility when troubleshooting.