The more useable data that a programmer has access to, the more logic they can provide the automation system. Increased logic leads to better and more consistent expected responses from the automation. This module provides access to many current weather and astronomical conditions. The data is provided by OpenWeatherMap.
The module has programmer set parameters that allow for either a US zipcode to be entered which will return all values in imperial. Or a city name and country code can be used which will provide values in metric.
This module should not be considered a replacement for Severe Weather Warning Systems! It can not be guaranteed that any of it’s functions will work 100% of the time. Any and all programming should be sold as a convenience mechanism for Home Automation.
Available TCL Commands
- Get Current Condition – Returns value of the selected condition; Temperature, Pressure, Humidity, Rainfall, Snowfall, Wind Speed, or Cloud Cover
- Check Condition Range – Returns 1 for yes or 0 for no if the selected condition is within the set values
- Check Forecast – Returns 1 for yes or 0 for no if the selected condition will raise above or fall below the set value in the forcast over a set period of hours
- Get Astronomical Data – Can return if its Daytime or the time for Sunset and Sunrise as a URC Integer Variable
- Is it Dark Outside? – Combines astronomical data with programmer set % of Cloud Cover to determine “Dark Outside”
- Get Weather Conidtion – Returns current weather condition as described here
- Get Weather Condition Code– Returns actual weather condition code from the link above
Available Device Events
- Weather Event – Trigger events based off of increase or decrease of: Cloud Cover, Humidity, Pressure, Rainfall, Temperature, or Wind Speed
- Severe Weather Event – Trigger events based off of severe weather conditions including; Any, Cold, Hail, Hot, Hurricane, Tornado, Tropical Storm, or Windy
- Thunderstorm Event – Triggers an event any time there is a Thunderstorm
File > Import & Restart
This is a two way module that is packaged as a TCM file that needs to be imported in to the Accelerator software. When you click Import TCM FIle here you will need to change the Files of type to Total Control 1.0 Module Library (*.tcm). Then navigate to where you downloaded the Spin – Weather.tcm file and choose it. After you have imported make sure you restart Accelerator in order to complete the installation.
Step 4. Add Other Devices > Confirm & Add
After you have restarted Accelerator go to step 4. and navigate to the module.
My > IP Database > AUX > SPIN >Weather Tools
When the module is selected make sure that the checkbox is checked in section 8 that says Spin – Weather Main Functions. If not try reimporting and restart Accelerator. Once you are sure you have the checkbox checked. Click Add Selected Module to add the module to your tree.
Step 6. Network Setup
At Step 6. click on Non URC Device and fill in a unique IP address. Such as 0.0.0.1. Port is not important.
Step 11. System Parameters
At Step 11. under Two Way Module Settings from the first drop downs choose the room that the module is located at in the tree and in the second drop down choose the weather module.
Next in the bottom right under System Parameter Information you will insert your BlackWire module license key where it say license=.
After that scroll down and enter your zip or city code. Format with zip or city and country code separated with a comma. Example: 60098,US