The Ruckus R610 delivers the ideal combination of performance, affordability, and 802.11ac features for medium-density locations. It provides fast data rates (up to 1900Mbps) and Ruckus density-handling intelligence to support dozens of users with guaranteed throughput, at a cost you can afford.
The R610 is perfect for environments like K-12 classrooms, university lecture halls, libraries, retail locations, and branch offices. It can easily support online digital learning deployments with 30+ students per classroom, or university lecture halls serving concurrent HD video streams to dozens of student devices.
The R610 802.11ac Wi-Fi AP incorporates patented technologies found only in the Ruckus Wi-Fi portfolio.
- Extended coverage with patented BeamFlex+ utilizing multi-directional antenna patterns.
- Improve throughput with ChannelFly, which dynamically moves to less congested Wi-Fi channels.
With three streams of MultiUser MIMO (MU-MIMO) connectivity, the R610 can simultaneously transmit to multiple client devices, improving RF efficiency and overall throughput, for all users even those with non-Wave 2 clients. The R610 also features a USB port for hosting IOT devices and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports that support of Link Aggregation for higher throughput to the switch.
Whether you’re deploying ten or ten thousand APs, the R610 is also easy to manage through Ruckus’ appliance, virtual and cloud management options.
512 potential antenna combinations can be chosen for high availability of Wi-Fi
• 802.11ac Wave 2 3×3:3 Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
• Dual-band concurrent (5Ghz/2.4GHz)
• BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology, with support for up to 1024 unique antenna patterns per access point enables up to 4dB of additional gain and up to 10dB of additional interference mitigation
• 80+80/160MHz capable
• Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
• 802.11ac standard Tx Beamforming
• Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency-sensitive traffic
• Dynamic, pre-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
• WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory
• Ethernet 802.1x port-based authentication (authenticator and supplicant)
We have created an in-depth Ruckus 101 guide that covers configuring a Ruckus Unleashed system from out of the box, Unleashed best practices, Wifi calling, Fixing mismatched firmwares, Updating Zoneflex APs to Unleashed and how to setup the ICX Network switches.