The R550 access point (AP) with the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax) technology delivers the ideal combination of increased capacity, improved coverage, and affordability in dense environments. The R550 mid-range dual-band, dual-concurrent AP supports four spatial streams (2×2:2 in 2.4GHz/5GHz). The R550 supports peak data rates of up to 1774 Mbps and efficiently manages up to 512 clients connections.
- Stunning Wi-Fi Performance – Mitigate interference and extend coverage with patented BeamFlex+™ adaptive antenna technology utilizing several directional antenna patterns.
- Serve more devices – Connect more devices simultaneously with four MU-MIMO spatial streams and concurrent dual-band 2.4/5GHz radios while enhancing device performance.
- Automate Optimal Throughput – ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- Better Mesh Networking – Reduce expensive cabling, and complex mesh configurations by checking a box with SmartMesh wireless meshing technology to dynamically create self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- More than Wi-Fi – Support services beyond Wi-Fi with RUCKUS IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onboarding software, SPoT Wi-Fi locationing engine, and RUCKUS analytics.
Ruckus Zoneflex to Unleashed
This guide will walk you through converting an access point on Zoneflex software to Unleashed.
Confirm what version Unleashed your current system then click the button below to go to the Ruckus support site to download the firmware.
Once on the page make sure to click the downloads tab to get the list to load properly.Note: you will need to setup an account on https://support.ruckuswireless.com (it only takes 20 seconds to setup). If you run into issues downloading the firmware please contact our support.
- Click Choose File and select the .bl7 file you downloaded from the Ruckus website
- Click Perform Upgrade
Building the Unleashed Network message will load showing that it is booting into Unleashed.Note: If you are adding this to a system already running Unleashed the AP will adopt into the system and you are done with this guide. If this is going to be a new install then give the AP 6 minutes to fully boot and load Unleashed. Also it would be best to open a private tab when trying to log into the AP for the first time.
For a new installation the AP will load the Unleashed Installation Wizard. Please click the button below to go to our Unleashed Setup Guide.
Unleashed Setup Guide
We have created an in-depth Ruckus 101 guide that covers configuring a Ruckus Unleashed system from out of the box, Unleashed best practices, Wifi calling, Fixing mismatched firmwares, Updating Zoneflex APs to Unleashed and how to setup the ICX Network switches.