By definition, small and medium-size venues host a smaller number of users and devices. But high-performance Wi-Fi is just as important to each and every one of them. People are still accessing the same bandwidth-hungry applications and cloud services they would use anywhere else. Organizations are still connecting an ever- growing assortment of mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. And users and guests still expect consistent, reliable connectivity wherever they roam.
The R510 802.11ac Wave 2 access point delivers the ideal combination of performance, reliability, and coverage for medium-density indoor locations. Using the same patented technologies found in our premier high-density APs, it supports data rates up to 1.2Gbps, along with industry-leading Wi-Fi intelligence to extend range and mitigate interference.
The R510 is the perfect choice for medium-density venues such as small and mid- size enterprise locations, common areas in hotels and o ce buildings, retail sites, and branch o ces. In hotel common areas, for example, the R510 provides high- performance wireless access. In retail stores, it can provide reliable, inconspicuous connectivity for high-quality video applications, wireless IP phones, and handheld point-of-sale scanners.
The R510 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi AP and switch incorporates patented technologies found only in the Ruckus Wi-Fi portfolio.
- Extended coverage with patented BeamFlex+ utilizing multi-directional antenna patterns.
- Improve throughput with ChannelFly, which dynamically nds less congested Wi-Fi channels to use.
Additionally, the R510 provides next-generation 802.11ac features like MultiUser MIMO (MU-MIMO) connectivity. It can simultaneously transmit to multiple client devices, drastically improving airtime e ciency, overall throughput for all users— even those with non-Wave 2 clients. The R510 also features a USB port for hosting IoT devices such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
Whether you’re deploying ten or ten thousand APs, the R510 is also easy to manage through Ruckus’ appliance, virtual and cloud management options.
64 potential antenna combinations can be chosen for high availability of Wi-Fi
• 802.11ac Wave 2 Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
• Dual-band concurrent (5Ghz/2.4GHz)
• BeamFlex+ (PD-MRC) smart antenna, with support for 64 unique antenna patterns enables up to 4 dB of additional gain and up to 10 dB of additional interference mitigation
• Up to an additional 4dB BeamFlex gain / 10dB interference mitigation / 3 dBi physical antenna gain
• Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
• 802.11ac standard Tx Beamforming
• Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency-sensitive traffic
• Dynamic, pre-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
• WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory
• Ethernet 802.1x port-based authentication (authenticator and supplicant)*
We have created an in-depth Ruckus 101 guide that covers configuring a Ruckus Unleashed system from out of the box, Unleashed best practices, Wifi calling, Fixing mismatched firmwares, Updating Zoneflex APs to Unleashed and how to setup the ICX Network switches.