This Ecobee 2 way driver is designed for the Ecobee thermostats. This driver is free of charge.
Full featured graphics for CX7, Virtual Panel, T3X and iPhone are included.
This driver supports any Ecobee thermostat that uses the standard Ecobee API.,
IE: Smart SI, Ecobee 3, Ecobee 3 Lite, Ecobee 4
- It is required that you create a user account through Ecobee. (www.ecobee.com).
- Add he thermostat to the user account by following steps provided by ecobee.
- In the user options section, select “My Apps” and select “Add Application”
- The webpage will request a four digit pin number (see below), once the pin is entered, select “Validate” and then “Add Application”. Pin numbers are only valid for ten minutes after being issued. The driver will request a new pin automatically if it was not validated within the time allowed.
- You only need to enter a pin number for each instance of a driver, a single pin will authorize all thermostats listed in the Driver Configuration.
- The Driver attempts authentication automatically, no further steps are required. At any point the auth token is revoked or expires, the driver will refresh automatically or reissue a new pin if refreshing fails.
- A Pin number is issued for each instance of the driver, not each thermostat. The system variables are located in the “Authorization/Connections” section. You will need to have the “Authorization Pin Text” somewhere on the page, ideally on the main page.
- “Authorization Pin Text”: Displays the four digit pin number
- “Authorization Pin (Expire Time)”: Displays the time, in minutes, that the pin is valid for. Decrements each minute.
- “Authorization Pin (Still Valid)”: Boolean value used to determine if the pin is still valid, used for visibility state on the above variables. Once the user enters the pin on the ecobee website and the driver is authorized the pin would no longer be valid and the text would no longer be visible.
Number of Thermostats
The driver supports up to 16 thermostats, and has “Selected Device” control and system variables.
Driver supports feedback from remote sensors including name, temperature and occupancy. The driver supports up to 32 remote sensors per thermostat. The “Sensor Used” variable can be used on the selected device page to make sure only sensors used on a given thermostat show up. (Ex: Thermostat 1 has two sensors but Thermostat 2 only has one. When changing the selected thermostat from device 1 to 2, the second set of system variables would not be visible)
- The driver provides events for the following:
- Thermostat Connected/Disconnected (connection to web app, i.e. lost wifi connection)
- Mode Change
- Device Running (ex: Heat Pump, Aux Heat 1, Comp Cool 2, Fan…)
- Sensor Occupied/Unoccupied State change
- Driver – Connection state Change (Driver connection to web app)
- Driver – Initialization State Change
Review and acknowledge alerts. Alerts will show on the Alerts List, and you may review the alert information as well as cancel/acknowledge the alert. A variable for the number of alerts and if any alerts are present is available.
View and remove/cancel vacations, system variables for when a vacation is running. Setting a new vacation not included at this time.
You can view the list of Climates available and a variable is provided for which climate the schedule is currently on. The ability to add or adjust schedules is not included at this time.
Control of settings with feedback for settings states.
Supports Fahrenheit and Celsius Display. Set on the ecobee device and system variables are converted by the driver. One set of temperature system variables.
- Hold boolean system variables provided:
- “Temperature Hold”: Set when manually changing a set point
- “Schedule Running”: Set when thermostat is running its schedule
- “Fan Hold”: Set when fan is set manually, will not set if any other hold other than “Schedule Running” is present. All other holds take precedence.
- “Auto Home Hold” set by ecobee when system determines you are home
- “Auto Away Hold” set by ecobee when system determines you are away
- See “Quick Change” Section
- Home, Away, Sleep have independent system variables for running state:
- “Home Quick Change Running”
- “Away Quick Change Running”
- “Sleep Quick Change Running”
- Other climates can be ran using the Climate List, but will set the generic Temperature Hold variable
- There are certain variables and commands with “(Slider)” associated with them. These are to be used on slider buttons. They are different than normal set commands/variables. Since the allowed temperature range can be set by the user, these commands/variables deal with percentages of that range.
- [Quick Changes] – These commands are used to change to different climates. In ecobee there are three default (Home, Away, Sleep) these have direct commands created for ease of use. Any other custom climates added will need to be run using the Climates List.
- Remote Sensors, the thermostat is considered a remote sensor as well. So be sure to list its name in the configuration of the driver.
- No Support for ecobee weather information.
- Will only work on two-way RTI Devices