The Dynaudio Sub RCC installs in walls and ceilings, either into standard 2×4 stud-bays before construction or cut in drywall afterwards using the supplied adapter kit. Using Reactance Cancelling Configuration (RCC) technology derived from Dynaudio’s pro studio subwoofers: two drivers work in opposition to each other to eliminate vibration in the speaker and the wall or ceiling. The whole assembly is housed in a special aluminium enclosure that has a trick up its sleeve: to keep things simple when it comes to specifying the right sub for the job (surface-mount or between studs), we’ve included brackets for both situations in the box. No more having to second-guess if the project scope might change.
Two magnetic grilles are also supplied for different installations (retro-fit and pre-fit) – and they can be painted too, for a seamless finish.
- Type: Quad drivers, Passive subwoofer
- Woofer: (4) 3×6″ Long Throw Woofer
- Freq Response (+-3dB): 16Hz-160kHz
- Impedance Nominal/Minimum: 8Ω / 5Ω
- Sensitivity dB 2.83V : 92 dB
- Continuous Power: 160W
- Long Term Power Power: 400W
- Dimensions Pre-Fit: 14″W x 14″H x 4″D
- Dimensions Retro-Fit: 15.75″W x 15.75″H x 4″D
- Dimensions Cut-out Dimensions 14.375″W x 13.375″H
What's in the box
- (1) Subwoofer
- (4) New Construction Brackets
- (1) New Construction Thin Grill
- (2) Retro Adapters
- (1) Retro Large Grill
- (6) Screws
- (8) Screws
TDG Audio has an amplifier designed to perfectly power 1 or 2 subwoofers.