This driver integrates with Google Calendar to provide you with the ability to view events you have set to occur today and in the next 7 weeks right from your Control4 navigator. The driver can also hold various bits of information about your events that you can easily use in Composer programming.
Composer 2.10+ required. OS3 Compatible.
This driver uses Google’s oAuth API and has passed their verification tests.
- Number of events today
- Number of All-Day events today
- Number of events in next 7 days
- Next Event details
- Notified Event details
- First All-Day event details (for today)
- Notification system – have a Composer action fired X minutes before each event and program based on the “Notified Event” variables.
- View your day’s events on any Control4 navigator
- View all upcoming events for the next week on any Control4 navigator
- Multiple driver instance support
- Access any calendar associated to a Google account
- Check for upcoming events at the start of every hour automatically
- Check for the day’s events every day at midnight automatically
- Create events directly from Control4 Navigator
You can view a PDF of the driver documentation using the button below or you can follow the setup instructions below.View Documentation PDF
To setup this driver, follow the following steps:
- Install the driver and BlackWire Driver Manager (if not already installed)
- Enter your license key in the License Key property field and wait for your License Status to say License Verified
- Go to the Actions tab and press Run OAuth Authorization
- Go to the Lua tab and find the line which tells you what your code is, copy that code down
- Visit https://www.google.com/device and enter the code from the Lua output. Sign into your Google account and authorize access to your Google Calendars
- Wait for the Lua tab to say you have been authorized and go to the Properties tab and select which calendar you wish to use this driver with.
- Once you have selected your calendar the driver should be good to go.
BlackWire Driver Manager
This driver requires BlackWire Driver Manager and OS 2.10+ to work.
- Added ability to create events from C4 navigators. Note: this requires you to reauthorize your Google account
- Added ability to view logged in account details and log out of that account
- Added ability to begin account log in/authorization from C4 navigators
- Added ability to select calendar from C4 navigators.
- Fixed bug where event starting at midnight tomorrow would show in today\'s events
- Updated documentation
- Added NEXTEVENTSTART_TIME variable
- Added NOTIFIEDEVENTSTART_TIME variable
- Added variables relating to All Day Events
- Minor bug fixes
- Bug with fix with events not always refreshing
- Better logging
- Logging updates
- Get Upcoming Events action renamed to Refresh Events and now reloads today\'s events
- Check for today\'s events every hour instead of every day
- Encode calendar IDs to fix rare bug
- Fix UI issue where Selected Calendar would be blank
- OAuth bug fixes
- Minor bug fixes
- Initial Release