The AC-MX-88 is an 8×8 HDMI matrix switch that supports HDMI 2.0(a/b), HDCP 2.3, up to 4K video resolution, and up to 18 Gbps bandwidth. This switch allows any source (Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray, satellite receiver, game consoles, PCs, etc) to show on any connected displays. This matrix equalizes and amplifies the output to ensure the HDMI signal transmits through long HDMI cables without losing quality.
Audio Delay is “On-Board” so integrators can manage lip-sync issues before they become a problem. Video signal management is also possible with built-in scalers. So, if the installation has a couple of older displays, integrators don’t need to forfeit 4K signals to pass the signal to all of the displays. In addition to scalers, this matrix supports complete EDID management, allowing maximum flexibility with today’s broad mixture of sources and displays.
AVPro Edge User Interface ~ Managing HDMI signals can be challenging, from interoperability between sources and displays, changes in signal type coming from different types of content, to Hollywood protection with HDCP; each one of these things can cause havoc on the installation. With AVPro Edge’s User Interface, they put the power back in the hands of the installers. Integrators can create their custom EDID strings to perfect the signal coming from the source or scale an image to work with a legacy display, all from an easily accessible and navigatable interface. Installers can use our interface confidently, knowing that we are not simply attaching an already available technology. AVPro built the AEUI from scratch for our integrators with the technology they requested
HDBaseT Compatibility Mode (HDBT-C) ~ This EXCLUSIVE AVProConnect technology allows you to convert high bandwidth signals that are between 9 Gbps – 18Gbps like UHD Players, HDR Content, Gaming Systems, PC’s, and Media Players. The conversion uses a proprietary algorithm that impacts the original image a little as possible so you can transmit your HDR and high bandwidth signals over long distance transmission devices like HDBaseT Extenders (AC-EX70-UHD) or use a display that does not support 18G. Best of all, this is managed on a per output basis so you have complete control over what individual runs are “down-clocked”
4K Up/Down Scaling ~ This technology is managed on each output. Scaling will allow integrators to downscale 4K sources on outputs going to displays that may not support 4K. Additionally, this matrix switcher can scale chroma subsampling from 4:4:4 down to 4:2:0, ensuring compatibility with legacy devices. Other matrix switchers force a signal to work by “dumbing down” the entire system even if there is only one old 1080P display.
Extreme EDID Management ~ With 29 on board EDID’s, including HDR EDID’s, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. We also have the ability to INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye EDID problems…
Dual Audio De-Embedding:
- The user can extract 2 Channel PCM audio from each output (Balanced 5-Pin Terminal Block, pre-made conversion to L/R cables available). NOTE: the Analog Port only supports 2CH PCM – for down-mixing check out AC-ADM-AUHD or AC-ADM-COTO
- It features 8 digital optical toslink outputs for with support for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing options include
- Bind to output (extracted audio witches with the video, this is the default mode)
- Bind to input (extracted audio is fixed to the corresponding input by the same number)
- Independent (extracted audio can be routed however you like and there are commands to allow it to function as a separate matrix)
Audio Delay ~ With the AC-MX88 you can manage audio delay on the balanced or digital outputs per output. This features up to 630ms of delay so your lip sync problems simply vanish. Audio delay can be managed directly from the front panel for ease of use and simple setup with the push of a button.
Built In Test Pattern ~ The unit features an internal test pattern that can be initialized to verify that the infrastructure after the Matrix is in tact. This saves hours of painful troubleshooting, and allows you to identify problems before they become problems. Pattern is per output.
Full Feature Set
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.2 (and all earlier versions supported)
- 1080p > 4K & 4K > 1080p Up /Down Scalers on each output
- Advanced EDID Management
- IR, RS-232 and LAN Control Options
- Digital Toslink Out (7CH PCM, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS-MA)
- Balanced Analog Out (2CH PCM)
- Audio Delay for Digital & Analog Out
- HDBaseT Compatibility mode for mixed systems!
- Driver Support for Crestron, C4, RTI, ELAN and more!!!
- Extracted Audio Supports DD+, DTS Master Audio on Toslink
- Extracted Audio Has 3 Operating Modes. Bound to Input, Bound to Output, or Independent Matrix
- Built in Test Pattern on Each Output to Verify Infrastructure
Whats In The Box
- AC-MX-88 (Matrix Switch)
- Operating Instructions
- 12V/4A Locking Power Supply
- 1 x IR Remote Control
- 1 x IR Extension Cable
- RCA Cable Connectors
All of these buttons are direct links to the AV Pro Edge website