The AC-AXION-4 is a high bandwidth audio/video matrix switcher. What really makes this product special is the ability to downmix bitstream audio beyond 7.1 channel into a 2 channel audio signal via all 4 inputs, that includes Dolby Atmos and DTS-X.
In a multi-zoned distribution system every zone is not set to handle full Dolby Atmos sound. Most zones are going to need 2 channel audio. This AC-AXION-4 Matrix Switcher allows you to deliver 24+ channels to your Dolby Atmos home theater, at the same time it delivers 2 channel to the rest of the zones. We do this by allowing the downmixing to only affecting the de-embedded audio outputs, the HDBaseT and HDMI ports leave the audio unimpeded, allowing you to distribute full Dolby Atmos and DTS HD through them.
Supporting the full HDMI 2.0 a/b specification and supporting every flavor of HDR, this matrix will ensure you can get the most out of any system. This 4×4 downming matrix supports HDR formats Including HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, BBC and NHK.All of them are supported in up to 4K 60Hz and up to 12 Bit Deep Color.All color space compression is compatible.
This powerhouse matrix switcher is the ideal solution for a multizone setups that need audio downmixng. Control is not a problem, through the web GUI you can manage all the settings and controls. We also offer drivers for all the top control systems. Combine that with the LED setup screen on the front and management is a breeze. The AC-AXION-4 will become a staple in your large demanding installations!
HDBaseT Compatibility Mode (HDBT-C) ~ This exclusive AVPro Edge technology allows you to convert high bandwidth signals that are between 9 Gbps – 18Gbps like UHD Players, HDR Content, Gaming Systems, PC’s, and Media Players. The conversion uses a proprietary algorithm that impacts the original image a little as possible so you can transmit your HDR and high bandwidth signals over long distance transmission to a display that supports 4K but does not support 18Gbps. Best of all, this is managed on a per output basis so you have complete control over what individual runs are “down-clocked”
ICT Technology on the HDBaseT Outputs ~ ICT(Invisible Compression Technology) is a revolution in HDMI extension technology. This proprietary technology can compress high bandwidth HDMI signals into a more manageable size to fit through a CAT Cable “pipe”. The ICT algorithm can manage all flavors of HDR including 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0 as well as signals up to 18Gbps and 4K 60Hz 4:4:4. The architecture of ICT allows it to be compatible with all chroma subsampling types, color spaces and HDMI Deep Color up to 12 Bit. Our technology is unique because it is truly invisible. It is not only invisible to the human eye, it is invisible to HDMI test gear and other sink devices, what comes in is what goes out. What makes ICT special is that we preserve HDR Metadata and color information and depth in its full, original, integrity. Other compression technologies sacrifice these to save space and it will cause very visible banding, color shifting and motion artifacts in the image.
This technology is backed by extensive testing in side by side comparisons of ICT vs direct connected sources. The setup is two identical displays and a single source. The source is split and sent to both displays, one using ICT and one with an 18Gbps cable. The movie is shown in HDR and evaluators are brought into determine which one is compressed. The results are conclusive, it is invisible. Even to the most trained eye
4K Up/Down Scaling ~ Like other AVPro Edge Matrix Switchers this unit comes with scalers built in. You are able to Upscale at the HDMI output 1080p > 4K. With the HDBaseT outputs you are able to scale 4K>1080p. There are limitation to scaling with this unit, you are not able to downscale on the HDMI outputs, and you are not able to upscale on the HDBaseT outputs.
Extreme EDID Management ~ With 29 on board EDID’s, including HDR EDID’s, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. We also have the ability to INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye EDID problems…
Dual Audio De-Embedding:
- No need to set your source to 2 Channel, no matter what kind of audio this matrix switcher receives it can convert it to 2 channel. This allows you to deliver Dolby Atmos sound to a home theater and 2 channel audio to a bedroom at the same time.
- It features 4 digital optical toslink outputs for with support for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing options include
- Bind to output (extracted audio witches with the video, this is the default mode)
- Bind to input (extracted audio is fixed to the corresponding input by the same number)
- Independent (extracted audio can be routed however you like and there are commands to allow it to function as a separate matrix)
Receiver Options ~ There are two receiver options:
- AC-EX70-444-RNE (Recommended) – Supports full 18Gbps & HDR up to 70 Meters and 100 Meters on 1080P
- AC-EX70-UHD-R – Supports up to 4K 60 4:2:0 (10.2 Gbps) up to 40 Meters and 70 Meters on 1080P (Ideal for non high bandwidth systems)
Full Feature Set
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Ultimate HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.2 (and all earlier versions supported)
- Simple setup with front panel control screen
- Web GUI for simple connectivity and control/management
- Advanced EDID Management
- IR, RS-232 and LAN Control Options
- Front Panel Control
- Digital Coax Audio Out (6CH PCM, DD, DTS)
- Driver Support for Crestron, C4, RTI, ELAN and more
- Extracted Audio has 3 Operating Modes: Bound to Input, Bound to Output, or Independent Matrix
- Mirrored HDMI Outputs include unimpeded Audio
- Built in Downmixer
- Built in Downscalers
- ICT used in the HDBaseT outputs
- Volume Control
Whats In The Box
- AC-AXION-4 (Matrix Switch)
- (4) Phoenix to RCA Audio Cable Adapters
- Operating Instructions
- 48v Power Supply
- 1 x IR Remote Control
- Rack Ears
All of these buttons are direct links to the AV Pro Edge website