A static route allows devices to communicate on multiple networks. In most cases this is so you can use features like CEC, RS232, IR, Video wall and more with Just Add Power.
This step by step guide is designed for Luxul Routers. This covers any model Luxul router.
Let’s get started by logging into your router. The default IP is 192.168.0.1. In the examples below it is 192.168.1.1.
Enter the IP into your web browser. The default user name and password is admin / admin
Before going anything further confirm you are on the firmware. If you are not then you need to download the latest firmware.
Once you are on the latest click the Network Tab on the left ( 2 )
The picture is an example. Fill the boxes in with the information from JAD Config or the BlackWire Programming sheet
1. Select the Routing sub link
2. Add a name for your route. Keep it short and simple. JAP is what we recommend
3. Enter the IP Scheme your JAP networking is running.. In our EXAMPLE is it 192.168.200.0
4. Enter the Subnet Mask. In most cases this is 255.255.255.0.
5. Enter the Switch IP that is running your JAP system
6. Enter 10 unless told a different number
7. Click Add
Boxes 3,4,5 and 6 are examples. The information for these boxes can be obtained from the BlackWire programming sheet or JAD config. If you have any questions contact us.
1. Confirm you see the newly created static route
2. This section also shows the new static route
3. To activate the static route you need to reboot the route
Once rebooted your static route will be active. To test this enter the IP address of a JAP receiver into your browser. Example 192.168.200.130 ( if that is your JAP IP Scheme) a JAP web page will load if your route is functioning.
You are done. On to the next install!